Summer snacking is in full swing, but have no fear – there are always healthy alternatives that are easy, accessible, and that can still satisfy your sweet tooth and your salt cravings! All of the following are under 50 calories and are great for between meals or as a light appetizer before sitting down for a regular meal.
For apple lovers…
- Cut an apple in half, bake or left plain, and top with 1 tablespoon of low fat yogurt or Greek yogurt. Sprinkle with cinnamon for an extra kick!
- Take 4 ounces of applesauce and sprinkle with cinnamon
- Cut an apple in half, top with 1 teaspoon of soy butter
For yogurt lovers…
- Take 2 and a half tablespoons of low fat or Greek yogurt, pour over half a cup of strawberries
- For a creamy indulgence, mix half a cup of fat-free Greek yogurt with one teaspoon of sugar-free jam in a flavor of your choice (blueberry or strawberry works great!)
- For a protein-filled snack, mix half a cup of plain, fat-free yogurt with half a cup of sunflower seeds
For veggie lovers…
- Try 1/4 cup of edamame with a dash of sea salt
- Smear half a tablespoon of peanut butter on small celery stalks
- Drizzle one tablespoon of light ranch dressing over half a cup of chopped carrots
- One sliced tomato topped with one tablespoon of parmesan cheese, then broiled
Source: Woman’s Day
What do you think?
What are your favorite light snacks? Have you tried any of the ones above? Leave us a comment below!
You might also like
How To… Make Greek Yogurt Pancakes, With Three Ingredients|
Confession: I’m not a big fan of pancakes. The fluffiness, the bland taste. I don’t wake up in...
How To… Make Crock Pot Apple Butter|
If you’re starting to get sick of pumpkin flavor – or you just want to mix up your...
5 Amazing And Healthy Snacks|
We’ve all been there – you just got back from class, or it’s late a night, or you’re...
3 Reasons Why Greek Yogurt Is Superior To Regular Yogurt|
Greek yogurt has become a popular item on the college girl nutrition radar, and for good reason. Studies...
How To… Make Pumpkin Poppers|
Even better than the donut bites or donut holes you can pick up at your local donut or...