Ever get the I-wish-I-could-make-a-smoothie blues when you want a refreshing drink after a hot summer day or after a workout but you don’t have the right ingredients? Well you do, most of the time you just don’t know it. I’m here to tell you that those dark days are over, and there are two smoothie recipes that contain items that almost all of us college girls stock up on and have in abundance at all times. Chances are, even if it’s Sunday and you haven’t been to the market yet, you can at least attempt one out of the two.
Smoothie number one: peanut butter and banana
What you need (serving size: 2)
- 2 bananas, slices and frozen
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter (thicker is fine if you want a thicker consistency)
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Blend the oats in a blender first, and blend until they reach a powdery consistency
- Add the remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth
Add an extra banana slice for garnish or serve plain, and voila! A healthy and satisfying smoothie, made with only 4 staple ingredients.
Smoothie number two: strawberry, greek yogurt and honey
What you need
- 1 pound of strawberries, halved and trimmed
- a pinch of salt, to taste
- 2 cups of Greek yogurt, plain or strawberry flavored
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 cup of ice, crushed
- In the blender combine the strawberries, honey, and salt, then blend until smooth
- Add the greek yogurt and blend again until smooth consistency is reached
- Add the ice, and repeat blending until smooth
Serve with a sliced whole strawberry for garnish, and enjoy!
This recipe is also similar to a strawberry lassi, which is an Indian-style fruit smoothie that is sweet and refreshing.
What do you think?
Have you tried these recipes? What are your favorite smoothies? Share with us in the comments section below.