As college girls, we have to prioritize – sometimes over midterms and getting our life together throwing together our third halloween costume just didn’t make the cut. Also, if you go to one of those schools where parties happen all week long and you’re tired of wearing a costume more than once, read on for some easy ideas you can make in a pinch without sacrificing style.
Be a Russian spy. This is by far one of my favorite last minute costumes that still upholds some style and grace. This costume can be done many ways, throw together any of the following into an outfit:
- A pencil skirt
- A black dress
- Black high heels
- Oversized shades or Ray Bans
- Silk long gloves (if you can find some)
- A black leather jacket
Think Angelina Jolie from the movie Salt or Natasha from “Rocky And Bowinkle.” Try to stick to dark colors, like wearing all black.
Happy hour. This option is great because it’s clever, only mildly craft-intensive, and will make your friends say, “Oh, I get it!”
- Simply wear a long clock around your neck. Channel Flava Flav if you’d like, or wear a lot of watches
- If you go with the watches option, simply cover a little black dress with smiley faces: Cut a circle out of yellow paper or even Post-it notes and sharpie on eyes and smile. Stick the faces all over. Attach with fashion tape
- If you are wearing a clock around your neck over a little black top or tank top, find some yoga shorts or a bandage skirt and attach your smiley faces as mentioned above. Attach with fashion tape if you have it, it will last all night, it’s double-sided, and it avoids holes
- Pair with cute black heels
Sandy from Greece: the hot version. This is where the “trick” and “treat” come in. People will think you had this all planned, but in reality Sandy in the carnival scene at the end was wearing mostly wardrobe staples.
- Liquid leggings, or leather pants are clutch if you have them
- If you don’t have the above, stick with black skinny jeans or black skinny pants
- A black off the shoulder top
- If you don’t have the above, cut up an old black t-shirt to be off the shoulder
- Red heels
- A black biker jacket
- Curl your hair like there is no tomorrow
What do you think?
What do you think of these ideas? What are you dressing up as this Halloween? Share with us in the comments section below!