In this second installation of “boy-approved” recipes, I tried my shot at baking… and not just any recipe, but a cheesecake. Honestly, I’m more of a cook than a baker, so no matter what your baking skill level is, I promise this recipe is a great one to try!
In a spin on the traditional cheesecake, I decided to add blueberries and make a chocolate crust. You can tailor the recipe with your own fruit and crust preferences, but either way this cheesecake is guaranteed to satisfy, and it’s easy! As you can tell by my photo, it was very well loved by myself and my trust boy guinea pig.
- oz. of cream cheese
- 14 oz. of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of blueberry preserves
- 1 egg
- For the crust: Chocolate graham crackers and dark chocolate squares. Or get a chocolate ready-made crust if you want to skip this step
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F
- If you’re doing a crust from scratch: Break the chocolate graham crackers and dark chocolate into a finely crushed mix. Press into the cheesecake pan, or circular foil pan with your hands.
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 15 seconds, then beat in a small mixing bowl until fluffy. Add in sweetened condensed milk and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Add the egg to the mix, and beat until the mixture is fluffy
- Pour half of the mixture into the crust
- In another bowl, combine the blueberry preserves with the remaining lemon juice. Then spoon on about half of the preserves over the mixture in the crust. It’s ok if it doesn’t spread, aim for the middle and it will even itself out
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on top, then use a spatula to spread the rest of the blueberries onto the top of the mixture. Again, it’s ok if you just stick with the middle, like I did in the photo I took above
- Bake the cheesecake at 300 for about 50 minutes, then leave out to cool for about 45 minutes before putting in the freezer
- Move to the refrigerator a few hours before serving
Whether you’re making it for a guy in your life, your family, your roommates, or your friends, this fun and original take on cheesecake is a great finish to any meal.
What do you think?
Did you try this recipe? What is your favorite boy-approved dessert? Let us know in the comments section below!
You might also like
How To… Make A No Bake Nutella Cheesecake|
Now that it’s almost time for finals and classes are wrapping up, your stress levels may be slowly...
How To… Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars|
So you’re in the mood to bake, but you’re faced with a dire dilemma: chocolate chip cookies, or...
Boy-Approved Recipes: Sauteed Italian Spiced Cod Over Fettucini Marinara|
Confession: I’ve been doing a lot of legwork in the kitchen over this past year, using a trusty...
How To… Make The Easiest Cheesecake Ever|
I have made this cheesecake a few times, and not only is it boy-approved, but it’s budget approved...
How To… Make Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles|
Even though it is getting colder it’s never too late to enjoy a frozen treat! Channel those summer...