Yes, today I turn 22.
Adapted from the famous “30 list” penned by Glamour magazine, I thought as the Editor-In-Chief of ECG I would do a version just for college girls. I invite you to celebrate my 22nd with me by reflecting on the last 22 years: lessons learned, items coveted, and new levels of awareness reached.
You can also see Glamour‘s 30 here. But we still have 8 years before we have to go there!
By 22, all college girls need…
- A love of your life
- A comfortable pair of black high heels that you can dance all night in
- College years riveting enough to not bore anyone you recount them to
- A signature scent
- The perfect dress that you can throw on if your Prince Charming asks you on a date… later the same night
- A day planner with fabulous quotes that speak to your soul and remind you that the day to day “to-do’s” are only the small picture
- One pair of black lacey or silk lingerie, even if you’ve only ever worn it for yourself
- A perfect job interview outfit
- A grammar dictionary
- Money in savings – that only you have access to
- A favorite beauty routine, including working out, hair, and skin care
By 22, all college girls should know…
- How to meditate, or do yoga. Or both
- How to reflect positively on a childhood that you are content to leave behind, whether or not it was perfect
- How to tell the difference between what you want and what you need
- When to walk away from a relationship
- How to be in love with someone without compromising yourself or your beliefs
- How to confront a friend without damaging your friendship
- How to embrace your body for what it is, to not abuse it, and not to be hard on yourself
- Who you can call immediately when life throws you a curveball, or a flat tire
- How to flirt in a way that genuinely reflects what you want to happen afterward
- That the truth cannot long be hidden, and being passive agressive isn’t elegant
- Why people say that our 20′s are our golden years
It’s been a great 22 years thus far, with lots of love, lessons, and laughs. What more could a girl ask for?
What do you think?
What’s on your 22 list? What is your favorite thing about being a college girl? Share with us and add to this list in the comments section below.