Think about the best part of your long day at your internship or job. No, not leaving. Lunch! Taking a good lunch break is a great way to step away from the hectic parts of your day and revitalize yourself with a healthy home-made meal. Wraps are a great choice because they are easy to store, in a bag or plastic container, they’re not messy to eat and they’re also healthier than what most cafeterias offer.
What you need
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 tomato, medium-sized, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of chopped mint
- 4 spinach or sun-dried tomato wraps, about 10 inches each
- 1/3 cup of couscous, whole-wheat for a healthier option
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper, ground
- Boil water in a small saucepan, then add in the couscous and stir
- Remove from heat and cover, letting stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a spoon or fork and set aside
- Combine the mint, parsley, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl
- Toss the chicken tenders in a medium-sized bowl with 1 tablespoon of the parsley mixture and the rest of the salt, about 1/8 of a teaspoon
- On a large nonstick skillet, cook the chicken tenders over medium heat until they are cooked through. Should be about 4 minutes on each side
- Place the cooked tenders on a cutting board, and cut into small piece when cool
- Stir the remaining parley mixture into the couscous along with cucumber and tomato
- To wrap: spread 3/4 of the couscous mixture onto each wrap, then divide the chicken among the wraps. Roll them like a burrito, tucking in the sides as you roll
- To serve: cut in half
And enjoy! Goes great with a side of fruit or a fruit smoothie.
What do you think?
Have you tried this wrap recipe? What are your favorite healthy lunch recipes? Let us know in the comments section below!
You might also like
How To… Cook Cheesy Baked Tomatoes|
Looking for the perfect appetizer to make, or even a great snack, that is healthy, tasty, and relatively...
How To… Cook Easy, Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken|
This is one of those meals that is great to cook up for your man, for yourself, or...
How To… Cook Delicious Grilled Eggplant With Tomato And Feta|
Grilled eggplant with tomato and feta is a great summer treat, whether you’re serving it to guests for...
How To… Make A Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken, In 30 Minutes|
So you’re browsing recipes to make for yourself or for your loved one, and they all look great,...
How To… Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins, Perfect For Thanksgiving Morning|
If you want to use up all of that pumpkin flavor you have stocked up on this fall,...