Think about the best part of your long day at your internship or job. No, not leaving. Lunch! Taking a good lunch break is a great way to step away from the hectic parts of your day and revitalize yourself with a healthy home-made meal. Wraps are a great choice because they are easy to store, in a bag or plastic container, they’re not messy to eat and they’re also healthier than what most cafeterias offer.
What you need
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 tomato, medium-sized, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of chopped mint
- 4 spinach or sun-dried tomato wraps, about 10 inches each
- 1/3 cup of couscous, whole-wheat for a healthier option
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper, ground
- Boil water in a small saucepan, then add in the couscous and stir
- Remove from heat and cover, letting stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a spoon or fork and set aside
- Combine the mint, parsley, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl
- Toss the chicken tenders in a medium-sized bowl with 1 tablespoon of the parsley mixture and the rest of the salt, about 1/8 of a teaspoon
- On a large nonstick skillet, cook the chicken tenders over medium heat until they are cooked through. Should be about 4 minutes on each side
- Place the cooked tenders on a cutting board, and cut into small piece when cool
- Stir the remaining parley mixture into the couscous along with cucumber and tomato
- To wrap: spread 3/4 of the couscous mixture onto each wrap, then divide the chicken among the wraps. Roll them like a burrito, tucking in the sides as you roll
- To serve: cut in half
And enjoy! Goes great with a side of fruit or a fruit smoothie.
What do you think?
Have you tried this wrap recipe? What are your favorite healthy lunch recipes? Let us know in the comments section below!