As college girls we are always in search of that perfect recipe that’s both healthy and easy to execute. And no, I’m not kidding… An omelet can be cooked in a bag. If cooking isn’t your thing, or you’re just pressed for time and want to make a healthy and easy omelet, try this steamed omelet recipe for a fun and different want to make a great meal.
What you need
- Ziplock Zip ‘N Steam bags (use these instead of the traditional sandwich bag, as they are specifically designed to be heated)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- cheese of your choice
- diced ham or bacon (optional)
- spinach, green peppers, mushrooms, any veggies you prefer
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crack the 2 eggs and put them in the Steam bag
- Add the milk to the bag
- Add your ingredients: the veggies, cheese, and optional meats (note: the more ingredients you add, the longer it will take to cook)
- To combine the ingredients, squish everything together with your hands to separate the ingredients out into the egg and milk mixture
- Bring water to a boil, and then add the bag into the water
- Put a lid over the pot, let sit for about 13-14 minutes (this time is for a normal-sized omelet, if you add an extra egg or lots of ingredients add a few minutes)
- Slide it out of the bag to cool, serve with fruit, toast, skillet potatoes, or yummy cinnamon rolls!
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What are your favorite omelet ingredients? Do you have any other quick and healthy recipes? Leave us a comment below!
You might also like
How To… Cook A Healthy Alternative To Tater Tots: Zucchini Tots|
The real question is, who doesn’t like tater tots? They’re great for late night, and for a hearty...
How To… Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins, Perfect For Thanksgiving Morning|
If you want to use up all of that pumpkin flavor you have stocked up on this fall,...
How To… Cook Healthy Mozzarella Sticks|
Who says our favorite cheesy foods have to be off limits? Mozzarella sticks are awesome for every occasion,...
How To… Make “Skinny” Pasta|
Regardless of your stance on pasta, you no longer need to fuss about the health benefits when it...
How to…Cook: Crepes|
Crepes are basically like thin pancakes, but they are a fun, gourmet twist on the breakfast staple. One...