Mmm, nothing says Halloween like these classic homemade treats. Have fun with your roomies whipping up a batch of this pseudo-healthy treats (hey, they have fruit in them, right?) to help get you through midterm season.
- Wooden skewers
- Glass bowl (bigger than pot)
- 5 apples
- 1 lb caramel candies
- 2 tbsp water
- crushed M & M’s, peanuts, or other topping
- First, wash the apples, remove their stems, and stick them on the skewers, pushing the skewer almost all the way through.
- Next, make a double boiler by boiling a cup of water in the pot and placing the glass bowl over the top of the pot.
- Put the caramels and 2 tbsps of water in the glass bowl and stir gently as the gradually melt.
- Remove from heat and dip the apples in one at a time, followed by rolling them in your topping of choice.
- Let cool and enjoy!
What Do You Think?
Do you like caramel apples? Have you ever made them at home? Leave a comment and let us know!