Looking for the perfect appetizer to make, or even a great snack, that is healthy, tasty, and relatively quick to make? Look no further than cheesy baked tomatoes. Healthy because it’s baked, delicious because it’s like a mini pizza without the bread. The entire recipe takes about 15.
What you need (serving size is 4 tomatoes)
- 4 tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 ounce of shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of chopped basil
- 1 tsp of chopped oregano
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- First, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet that is sprayed with non-fat cooking spray, with the cut-side facing upward
- On top of the tomatoes sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese, the shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese, oregano and basil, and salt and pepper
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are tender
And voila! Your perfect cheesy tomato appetizer is ready to serve.
If you’re wondering about the nutritional content, two tomato halves are a little under 50 calories (depending on how much cheese you added), with about 2 grams of fat, and 4 grams of protein.
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below!
You might also like
How To… Cook Easy, Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken|
This is one of those meals that is great to cook up for your man, for yourself, or...
How To… Cook Delicious Grilled Eggplant With Tomato And Feta|
Grilled eggplant with tomato and feta is a great summer treat, whether you’re serving it to guests for...
How To Make… Tomato Basil Soup With Grilled Cheese Croutons|
Yes you read that right: grilled cheese croutons. Half of a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of...
How To… Cook Baked Oven Fries|
If you haven’t tried baked french fries, think of them as the handsome older brother of your standard...
How To.. Cook A Mediterranean Wrap, Perfect For Work Lunches|
Think about the best part of your long day at your internship or job. No, not leaving. Lunch!...