Grilled eggplant with tomato and feta is a great summer treat, whether you’re serving it to guests for a summer cookout or just enjoying them at home, they’re packed with great taste and are pretty healthy too! What’s not to love? Snack on.
What you need (serves four)
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tomatoes that are similar to the diameter of the eggplant\2 clovers of garlic
- 0.4 pounds of crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup of basil leaves
- 1/2 of a lemon, squeezed into fresh juice
- Salt and black better to taste
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Slice the eggplant into slices that are about 1/2 an inch thick, season each with salt
- Let the slices sit for about 30 minutes to allow the water to come out of the eggplant
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Drizzle olive oil on top of each slice and grill on a rack for about 3 minutes on each side
- Blend the 4 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic and basil leaves with 1 teaspoon of salt in a blender
- Slice the tomatoes into slices that are about 1/4 of an inch thick
- Make sure your baking sheet is lightly oiled, then place your 4 eggplant slices next to each other
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the basil-garlic mixture onto the top of each slice, then top with feta crumbs
- Then add tomato slices on top, add another layer of eggplant, basil spread, and feta cheese crumbles. Top with another slice of tomato or feta if desired
- Drizzle each stack with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes
What do you think?
Have your tried this recipe? What are some of your other favorite summer recipes? Let us know in the comments section below!
You might also like
How To Make… Tomato Basil Soup With Grilled Cheese Croutons|
Yes you read that right: grilled cheese croutons. Half of a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of...
How to…Cook: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich|
One of the first meals I ever learned to cook was a grilled cheese sandwich. But, as we...
How To… Make A Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken, In 30 Minutes|
So you’re browsing recipes to make for yourself or for your loved one, and they all look great,...
How To… Cook Cheesy Baked Tomatoes|
Looking for the perfect appetizer to make, or even a great snack, that is healthy, tasty, and relatively...
How To.. Cook A Mediterranean Wrap, Perfect For Work Lunches|
Think about the best part of your long day at your internship or job. No, not leaving. Lunch!...