Skip the nasty store-bought slop with a list of ingedients that sound like they belong in a chemistry lab rather than on your nachos. Instead, make this quick, easy, and super-tasty fresh salsa con queso the next time you have a salty, cheesy, nacho craving (note: this recipe is a variation of one I found here).
Salsa Con Queso
- sauce pan
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded nacho cheese blend
- 1/2 tbsp mild salsa
- pinch chili powder
- pinch paprika
- First, melt the butter in the sauce pan over low heat.
- Slowly stir in the corn starch, milk, and cream cheese until combined.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted
- Finish by seasoning with the salsa and spices, stirring well.
- Remove from heat and enjoy with tortilla chips, pretzels, or chopped veggies.
What Do You Think?
Do you like nacho cheese sauce? Have you ever tried to make it at home? What do you add or leave out? Leave a comment and let me know!
You might also like
How to…Cook: Simple Stir Fry|
Stir fries are a great way to get loads of veggies, lots of flavour, and a filling meal...
How To… Make Microwaveable Queso Spinach And Artichoke Dip|
Since summer is around the corner and there are plenty of hosting occasions to plan for – or,...
How To…Cook Restaurant-Style Nachos|
Ever notice how the chewy, soggy, boring nachos you pull out of your microwave just don’t seem to...
How to…Cook: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich|
One of the first meals I ever learned to cook was a grilled cheese sandwich. But, as we...
How To…Cook Low Fat Cheesecake|
Sometimes a girl just needs a treat, but if you’ve been hiding out from dropping temperatures lately and...