Need a bit of energy on the go between classes or before the gym? A bite-sized bit of energy is great for a little boost whenever you may need it, and the no-bake option is ideal for whatever college living situation you may have.
Original recipe can be found here.
What you need (serving size: 18-20 bites)
- 1 cup of coconut flakes
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl until they are combined thoroughly
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes
- After the dough has chilled in the refrigerator, make the dough into balls using a spoon or done by hand
These energy balls should be kept in an airtight container, and can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week. The degree of healthiness is up to you, make whatever substitutes you would like (like soy butter or almond butter instead of regular butter).
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What are your favorite no-bake healthy snacks? Let us know in the comments section!