Let me set the scene… you want to treat your man to a fun date, something different and unique, but you’re not sure what to cook, you don’t want to break the bank, he wants to stay in, and you have about half an hour to throw it all together. Don’t panic. A fondue datenight is all you need, and the preparation time (about 20 minutes) will still give you some time to get all dolled up for you guy.
What you need
- All of the cheeses you can find in your fridge. Or if you have time to do some grocery shopping: 1/2 pound of shredded Swiss cheese, 1/2 pound of shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (or flour)
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 cup of white wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- A pinch of nutmeg (optional, but recommended!)
- Foods to dip in the cheese: chunks of french or pumpernickel bread, green apple slices, broccoli, carrots, asparagus… whatever bread, fruit, or veggies you have.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the cheeses together along with the cornstarch (or flour)
- Find a ceramic bowl (for the fondue, unless you have a fondue pot, then use that) and coat with the garlic peels
- Add the wine and lemon juice together in a pan over the stove and let simmer over medium heat
- Add in the cheese to the mixture gradually (the fondue is much more smooth when the cheese is added gradually!)
- After desired consistency is reached, add in the nutmeg
- Arrange the dippers in individual bowls near the fondue bowl, add some skewers (or just used forks if you’re in a pinch)
- Light a few candles around the table for ambiance (this is a date night after all!)
The recipe can also be repeated just with melting chocolate if you want to treat yourselves to dessert as well. Fondue is easy, fun, and he’ll be impressed that you were willing to try something a little different!
What do you think?
Have you tried this fondue recipe? What are your favorite date night recipes? Share with us in the comments section below.
You might also like
A New Party Favor: Cupcake Fondue|
For a fun and delicious way to add a cute treat to your next party or social gathering,...
Halloween Date Night|
As sad as it is to admit College Girls, we really have outgrown one of my favorite Halloween...
How To… Make “Skinny” Pasta|
Regardless of your stance on pasta, you no longer need to fuss about the health benefits when it...
Boy-Approved Recipes: Blueberry Cheesecake With A Chocolate Crust|
In this second installation of “boy-approved” recipes, I tried my shot at baking… and not just any recipe,...
How To… Cook Easy, Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken|
This is one of those meals that is great to cook up for your man, for yourself, or...