With the new “superfood” craze bursting onto the scene, it’s no secret that you can do just about anything with avocado. But with this baked avocado fries recipe, you will never look at an avocado the same way again – this nutrient-rich food concocted into a fry recipe? Pure genius.
You can find the original recipe here.
What you need
- 2 ripe medium avocados (pit, peel and then slice them into 1/2 inch wedges)
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups of bread crumbs (panko bread crumbs work great)
- Optional grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F
- First, coat the avocado slices in flour
- Next, coat the slices in egg
- Coat the soaked slices into the bread crumbs
- Place he slices on a cookie sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray
- Spray the top of the wedges with some olive oil and salt, to taste
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, or until golden brown
And voila, a great new way to eat avocado and satisfy your salt craving at the same time!
You might also like
How To… Cook Baked Oven Fries|
If you haven’t tried baked french fries, think of them as the handsome older brother of your standard...
How To… Cook Cheesy Baked Tomatoes|
Looking for the perfect appetizer to make, or even a great snack, that is healthy, tasty, and relatively...
How To… Cook A Healthy Alternative To Tater Tots: Zucchini Tots|
The real question is, who doesn’t like tater tots? They’re great for late night, and for a hearty...
How To… Cook Healthy Mozzarella Sticks|
Who says our favorite cheesy foods have to be off limits? Mozzarella sticks are awesome for every occasion,...
How To… Make Cookie Bowls|
As college girls, sometimes we just don’t have time to do the dishes. So why not just eat...