As college girls, sometimes we just don’t have time to do the dishes. So why not just eat them? Cookie bowls are edible dessert bowls made from regular cookie recipes with an innovative twist in the baking process to turn them into a bowl of baked goodness.
Original recipe can be found here.
What you need (serving size: 12 bowls)
- 1 egg
- 2 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup (or two sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray the bottom of a bowl cavity from a muffin or cupcake tin with a non-stick or vegetable spray
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour and salt
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a mixer until it reaches a light and fluffy consistency
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla and almond extracts
- Add flour to the mixture with the butter at a rate of one cup at a time, mixing throughout
- Roll out the dough, using lots of flour to coat the surface, until the dough is about 1/8 inch in thickness
- Cut out 4.5 inches circles, and mold each circle onto the bottom of each bowl cavity in the pan until the surface is smooth
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the dough becomes golden brown
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, hen remove with a small spatula
This is a great bowl for ice cream treats, mousse, puddings, or just about anything else you can think of! Also, add chocolate chips if you want chocolate chip cookie bowls.
What do you think?
What do you think of this dessert? Have you tried this recipe? What do you serve in your cookie bowl? Let us know in the comments section below.
You might also like
How To… Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars|
So you’re in the mood to bake, but you’re faced with a dire dilemma: chocolate chip cookies, or...
How To… Make Peanut Butter Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies, High Protein|
Just because we’re college girls doesn’t mean we can’t have cookies for breakfast. Especially ones that are high...
How To… Bake The Softest Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever|
Unless you’re a “crispy cookie” type of person, this is the recipe for you. This recipe will make...
How To… Make Boyfriend Cookies|
Whether you’re trying to land a boyfriend, forget you don’t have a boyfriend, or bake something delicious for...
How To… Make Pumpkin Poppers|
Even better than the donut bites or donut holes you can pick up at your local donut or...