It wouldn’t be fall without an overdose of pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin flavored anything and everything, in fact. But this recipe really takes our fall pumpkin addiction to a new level: pumpkin cream cheese. While Trader Joe’s is known to sell a spiced one, this particular recipe is lighter and can taste more authentically pumpkin. Just what we all need.
What you need
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of canned pure pumpkin
- 8 ounces of low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients
- Mix either by hand or with a blender until desired consistency is reached, creamy and smooth to spread
And voila! Great to spread on bagels, crackers, bread, toast, or used in a dessert or fondue.
What do you think?
What do you think of the pumpkin flavor trend? Have you tried this recipe? Share with us in the comments section below!