Even better than the donut bites or donut holes you can pick up at your local donut or coffee shop, pumpkin poppers offer a tasty dose of fall in a bite-sized treat. They’re so easy to make that the challenge isn’t in the baking, it’s in restricting yourself to not eat the whole batch! Sharing with friends is highly advised.
Original recipe can be found here.
What you need
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin, fresh or canned (not pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of low-fat milk
- For coating: 1 stick of melted butter, 2/3 cup of granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray muffin pans (preferably mini) with nonstick spray
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk until combined thoroughly
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients you just mixed together
- Using a spoon or a scoop fill the muffin tins until they are almost full
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- To prepare coating ingredients, melt the butter and combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
- Allow the poppers to cool, and then coat them in butter and dip them into the cinnamon sugar mix
Enjoy! These can also be skewered and dipped in frosting, and go great with regular milk or almond milk.
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? How did yours turn out? What are your favorite pumpkin treats? Share with us in the comments section below!
You might also like
How To… Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins, Perfect For Thanksgiving Morning|
If you want to use up all of that pumpkin flavor you have stocked up on this fall,...
How To… Make “Skinny” Pumpkin Granola|
It’s mid-October, and if you’re not sick of pumpkin flavor yet (and even if you are) this “skinny”...
How To… Make Fall Pumpkin Cream Cheese|
It wouldn’t be fall without an overdose of pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin flavored anything and everything, in fact. But...
How To Make… The Perfect Thanksgiving Dessert: Pumpkin Pie Bites|
While it is often a hotly debated topic, dessert is by far one of the best parts of...
How To… Make Your Own Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt, With 4 Ingredients|
You might as well over-indulge in anything pumpkin while it’s still socially acceptable to do so! In appreciation...