Subscribe to Every College GirlThings Every College Girl Should Know Directly to Your Inbox
Three words really sum it up: ‘Tis the season. As we approach the holiday season, filled with delights, gifting, receiving, and loving, add a little extra sweetness to the holidays with these Santa hat cupcakes. No matter which holiday you’re celebrating this month, these are delicious, cute, and easy to make!
What you need
- A box of strawberries
- A box of cupcake mix (with a flavor of your choice) and all of the remaining cupcake ingredients listed on the box (eggs, etc.)
- White frosting
- A bag of mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to your desired temperature as written on the box of your cupcake mix of choice
- While the oven is preheating, throw together the cupcake ingredients (follow the few directions on the box)
- Allow the cupcakes to bake and cool for at least 10-15 minutes before continuing
- Frost your cupcakes with a thin layer of the white frosting
- Take your strawberries (use one for each cupcake you made, these will be the “hats”) and cut off the green leaves
- Stick a toothpick into the strawberry so there is a little sticking out of each end
- Stick the strawberry on a the frosted cupcake
- Place a mini marshmallow on the top of the strawberry where the toothpick is jutting out
- With either whipped cream or more frosting, make a ring around the bottom of the strawberry
And there you have it, a Santa hat cupcake.
What do you think?
What do you think of this dessert? What are your favorite holiday treats? Share with us in the comments section below.