During the summer, there is always an explosion of grilling out, picnics, and “just because” get-togethers. One of my personal favorites is always hot wings. Unfortunately, because we’re in college, the majority of us probably don’t have a grill. Here’s a super easy recipe to make hot wings at home in the oven so you can still enjoy them whenever you want!
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- While the oven is preheating, rinse your chicken under cool water and pat them dry. I used actual chicken wings, but you can use drumsticks or whatever you’d like. It’s all in whatever you prefer
- After your chicken is all washed and dried, put them on a baking sheet. Put a little drop of olive oil on each chicken. It’ll help them to retain moisture so they don’t get too dry while cooking
- When your oven’s heated, go ahead and pop the tray in and set the timer for 15 minutes
- After your timer goes off, take your tray out and let your chicken cool off just a tad. Lower the temperature of your oven to 350 degrees. Have a bowl of your choice of wing sauce ready. Feel free to mix sauces together, or do multiple types of sauces. The more, the merrier!
- When your wings have cooled off, toss each wing in one of the bowls of sauce and give it a good coating. Put each wing back on the baking sheet after it’s good and sauced up
- After all of the wings are dipped, you can use the excess sauce to pour on each wing just to give it a little extra flavor
- Put the wings back in the oven for another 30 minutes. Be sure to check that they’re done before you take them out after the timer goes off
Be sure to have some celery or carrots on the side with some ranch. It’s the perfect side for wings, especially when they start to get a little too hot. And now you can enjoy hot wings anytime you want!
What do you think?
Do you have an awesome recipe for making hot wings in the oven? What would you do differently than this recipe calls for? Let us know in the comment box below!
You might also like
How To… Cook Easy, Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken|
This is one of those meals that is great to cook up for your man, for yourself, or...
How To… Cook Baked Oven Fries|
If you haven’t tried baked french fries, think of them as the handsome older brother of your standard...
How to…Cook: Easy Ranch Chicken|
I haven’t done a recipe post in awhile, so today I thought I’d share one of my...
How To… Cook An Easy Dinner: Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken|
With classes starting up and our schedules getting tighter by the minute, eating a wholesome meal that you...
How To… Make “Skinny” Pumpkin Granola|
It’s mid-October, and if you’re not sick of pumpkin flavor yet (and even if you are) this “skinny”...