♥ 1 oz Vodka
♥ 1/2 oz Triple Sec (or any orange-flavoured liqueur)
♥ 1/2 oz cranberry juice
♥ 1/2 oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
1. Fill a martini shaker half-way with ice. If you don’t have a shaker, simply fill a tall cup half-way with ice, and use another cup to cover the top when it’s time to shake.
2. To juice the limes you can squeeze them with you hand, use the back of a spoon the press against the flesh of the lime, or use a handheld juicing utensil. Each lime yields about an oz of fresh juice, so one lime will make 2 cosmos. Make sure to buy enough beforehand, accordingly.
3. Use a shot glass to measure the Triple Sec, cranberry juice, and lime juice into the shaker. Add the vodka last, in case you make a mistake, you don’t have to waste the expensive vodka when you dump out the shaker to start again.
4. Shake until all ingredients are blended and chilled by the ice; the colder the better.
5. Strain into a martini glass (or beer glass, or coffee mug…) and garnish with a slice of lime.
This is an idiot-proof recipe, but if you just can’t seem to get it right, you can always settle for a vodka-cranberry: 1 part vodka, 1 part cranberry juice, garnish with lime to celebrate that you didn’t completely fail. The perfect drink for girl’s night–something every college girl should know
You might also like
Cocktail Class – Part 1: The Classics|
Every girl should know how to make a decent selection of cocktails, and the aim of these posts...
How To…Make the Perfect Margarita|
Margaritas just scream summertime: long days, hot nights, and the sweet-sour tang of lime juice. Sure, you can...
How To… Make A Peppermint Bark Martini|
It’s never too early to start thinking about Christmas – why not toast to the approaching Christmas month...
How To… Make The Perfect Sex On The Beach Cocktail|
You’ve heard of it, seen it being ordered in movies and occasionally at the bar, and maybe you’ve...
3 Festive Cocktail Recipes|
It’s the perfect time of year to get together with friends and family, whip up a few...