In lieu of all of the back to school posts circulating across the web, we propose something a little more fun – back to school drinks! And nothing screams fall like a crispy and sweet apple sangria, perfect for a back to school toast with friends… or unwinding after a full day of class. Convert your favorite summer drink into a fun treat for fall!
You can find the original recipe here.
What you need
- 2 honeycrisp apples, one diced with the seeds removed and one chopped
- 1/2 cup of peach schnapps
- 1/4 cup of orange blossom honey
- 2 oranges, one quartered
- 1 quartered lime
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- One 750 ml bottle of un-oaked Chardonnay
- 2 small slices of fresh ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Club soda
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the Chardonnay, honey,and schnapps
- Add the quartered orange, lime, lemon, cinnamon sticks, diced apples, ginger and cloves to the mix and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- Strain the sangria into a pitcher
- Take the second apple (the one that is peeled, cored, and chopped) and mix it with the second orange (make sure to section, peel and chop this one as well) and put them both in a bowl
- Blend the sugar and cinnamon on a small plate. Take the wine glasses and moisten the rims, and then dip them into the cinnamon sugar to coat them
- Fill the glasses with ice, and pour the sangria into the pitcher until it is three-quarters full
- Top off your drinks with some club soda, and then garnish with a spoonful of the chopped apple and orange
And bottoms up!
What do you think?
What do you think of this recipe? What is your favorite fall drink? Let us know in the comments section below!