String charm bracelets, or karma bracelets, are a jewelry favorite for their simplicity and edge. What’s not a favorite? Paying $40 or more for it. Here’s how you can make your own for less than $20, and still show off a unique style all your own.
What you need
- Embroidery floss in a color of your choice (the typical string used to make friendship bracelets, sold at craft stores)
- Hollow metal charms (the ones that work best are circular)
- First, cut about 18″ of the thread
- Laying your piece out straight, match the ends so that the opposite side makes a loop
- To make one side of your bracelet: Pull the charm through the loop, and then pull the ends through the loop, and pull tight
- Repeat steps 1-3 to make the other side of your bracelet, then tie knots at the ends
- You can fasten the bracelet around your wrist like a traditional friendship bracelet, with either a double knot or a small bow
You might also like
How to…Tie a Tie|
Yes, this is a blog for college girls, but you might have already experienced a time or two when knowing...
Three 90’s Accessories: Updated|
I’m working at an arcade this summer, and it’s one of the kinds where you win tickets that...
Reader Question – Adding Style to Basics on a Budget|
On one of our previous articles, one reader asked us the following question: All I used to wear...
How To Restyle Thrifted Clothes|
Going thrifting is an excellent way to bulk up your wardrobe without going broke. Whether you need outfit...
Easy Ways To Accessorize Your Summer Dresses|
Summer is finally upon us – the season of sun, beaches, sangria, fun, and of course summer dresses....