Peanut butter aside, think of two food staples that you and your fellow college girls covet. Yogurt and fruit anyone? Why not combine the two in a delicious and easy snack! Making your own yogurt covered berries is an easy snack to grab in lieu of a sugary or salty guilt trip. Though I am a big proponent of never feeling guilty over any foods, I do believe in going for the healthiest option available, and a delicious yogurt and berry snack is it.
What you need
- 2 cups of greek yogurt in a flavor of your choice (regular yogurt works fine too, honey or vanilla flavors work the best)
- 1 carton of fresh berries of your choice (blueberries work great)
- Combine the two cups of yogurt into a medium-sized bowl
- Take a toothpick and stick it into a berry
- Stick the berry into the yogurt and swirl, completely coating the berry
- Using a second toothpick, push the berry onto a plate lined with wax paper or foil (to keep the berries from sticking)
- Repeat until you reach the desired amount of berries, and place the sheet in the freezer
- Freeze for one hour
What do you think?
Did you try our recipe? If so, what do you think? What’s your favorite healthy snack? Leave us a comment below and let us know!
You might also like
3 Reasons Why Greek Yogurt Is Superior To Regular Yogurt|
Greek yogurt has become a popular item on the college girl nutrition radar, and for good reason. Studies...
How To… Make Independence Day Berry Cups|
With Independence Day being less than a month away, the season for picnics, cookouts, and barbecues are finally...
5 Amazing And Healthy Snacks|
We’ve all been there – you just got back from class, or it’s late a night, or you’re...
How To… Make A Delicious Wheat Berry Red Fruit Salad|
Just because it’s a salad doesn’t mean it has to be boring. It also doesn’t mean it has...
How To… Make Your Own Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt, With 4 Ingredients|
You might as well over-indulge in anything pumpkin while it’s still socially acceptable to do so! In appreciation...