Yes, this is a blog for college girls, but you might have already experienced a time or two when knowing this simple staple would come in handy. It takes a little practice, but once you master how to tie a tie, you’ll see just how handy this skill can be. It may even help you charm a few helpless boys
Tying a Necktie
1. Begin with the wide end of the tie on the right side of the collar, coming down twice as far as the narrow end.
2. Cross the wide end over the top of the narrow end.
3. Loop the wide end back underneath the narrow end, to the right side.
4. Cross the wide end back over the narrow end again, to the left side.
5. Now, pull the wide end up over the loop around the guy’s neck.
6.Pull the wide end down through the knot you created and slide the knot up to secure. Voila!
Do you have a story of a time when knowing how to tie a tie would come in handy? Have you ever incorporated a men’s necktie into your own wardrobe? Leave a comment and tell me about it! Tying a tie can get you out of all kind of sticky situations…something every college girl should know!
Photo belongs to jmvnoos.
You might also like
How To… Make A String Charm Bracelet|
String charm bracelets, or karma bracelets, are a jewelry favorite for their simplicity and edge. What’s not a...
How To… Make A Tie-Dye Rainbow Cake|
If you’re a foodie or you’ve been on any new cooking blogs you may have noticed a surge...
How to…Sew on a Button|
Sometimes you don’t appreciate what you’ve got until you don’t have it any more, like your own personal...
50-Minute Interval Elliptical Workout|
To save pressure on your knees, skip the treadmill for a 50-minute interval elliptical workout that will get...
4 Things I Learned From Laguna Beach|
Don’t lie, you were addicted to this show too. You weren’t alone. And whether you left it in...