Whether you’ve got a long-term boyfriend, a secret crush, or are just enjoying the single life, there’s no reason not to celebrate the season of love and my favourite holiday: Valentine’s Day. With 2 days left, spend some time this weekend whipping up these super cute and easy heart-shaped chocolate pops for your friends, family, or that special someone, to show them how much you care. Oh, and save a couple for yourself, too ♥
What You Need:
♥ 1 cup milk chocolate baking pieces
♥ 1/2 cup white chocolate baking pieces
♥ red food colouring
♥ chocolate pop mold
♥ sucker stems
♥ cellophane and ribbon (optional)
What to do:
All of the above ingredients can be bought at a bulk foods store, or a baking goods store. They usually have tonnes of Valentine’s Day specific chocolate molds available, so look for one with a space for the sucker stems, and two-layers of hearts to make the red heart on top.
1. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave on low heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between until the chocolate is all melted.
2. Add a couple drops of food colouring until the white chocolate is pink or red to your liking.
3. Carefully fill just the smaller heart of each mold with the red chocolate and put in the fridge or freezer to set.
4. Once the red chocolate is cooled and hardened, melt the milk chocolate using the same method as step #1.
5. Fill the molds the rest of the way with the milk chocolate, and place the sucker stems in the mold while the chocolate is still hot.
6. Set in the fridge or freezer. Once the chocolate is completely cooled and hardened, push the pops out of the mold. If you like, you can fancy them up by covering with a piece of cellophane and securing with the ribbon.
Super-easy, totally cute, and trust me, very delicious. Make up a batch today and just see if they can last til Valentine’s Day. Cute Valentine’s treats that are as easy to make as they are to eat…something every college girl should know. Happy Weekend!