Subscribe to Every College GirlThings Every College Girl Should Know Directly to Your Inbox
1. Instead of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, try Vegan Sweetener-Free Peanut Butter Cups. Chocolate and Peanut Butter are an irresistible combination, but like so many other candies, Reese’s Cups have so much sugar and preservatives to keep them tasting fresh for longer.
2. Instead of a Crunch Bar, enjoy this delicious homemade Copycat Chocolate Crunch Bars from chocolatecoveredkatie.com. They’re nice quick treats that only take five minutes to make! There’s also the option of using maple syrup, stevia drops, or agave instead of granulated sugar. Sugar-free, easy to make, and give a nice crunch when you bite into them!
3. Another option are these delicious Pecan Clusters from hellyeahitsvegan.com. A delectable, easy to grab snack; just make, pop them in the freezer, and their chewy goodness are yours to enjoy whenever!
4. If you’re craving pumpkin pie, ohsheglows.com has a great recipe for Brownie Pumpkin Pie with a crunchy Pecan Topping. It’s festive, delicious, and a great treat for large groups. Midterm study break, anyone?
5. For those who simply want something sweeter to eat after a meal instead of a dessert, Gwyneth Paltrow has an incredible Berry Yogurt Parfait recipe on her website, goop. Takes three minutes to whip together, and granola can be included for an extra crunch!
6. In case none of these strike your fancy simple fruit may do the trick. Such as apples and bananas, with nuts or almonds, can be a filling and tasty snack in between meals. Not to mention the fuel they provided to kickstart your holiday season!
8. Instead of traditional sodas or calorie-heavy ciders, iced green tea with mint leaves mixed in is a refreshing drink to keep you focused! Mint leaves are also known for kick-starting your metabolism; great for the morning of a chemistry exam or after an evening yoga session.
Staying healthy this October may be the greatest challenge of them all. These snacks should make the process easy and delicious!
What Do You Think
Know any healthy treats of your own? How do you copt with temptation during October?