Get bored of running on the treadmill? Who doesn’t. But who gets bored of walking on one? This 45-minute workout is mostly walking and fast walking, but uses an incline to isolate your glutes and thigh muscles so that you can target your butt and legs for ultimate toning, all while burning calories and getting your cardio requirement in.
I’ve done this workout several times and I am always sore the next day, my body rarely plateaus with this workout because it’s adjustable. If you want to build up to the 45 minutes, that’s OK too, just skip the last section!
Set 1: Warm Up
- 0-3:00 minutes, incline: 2, speed: 3.5 mph
- minute 3 to minute 5:00, incline: 4, speed: 4 mph
- 5-7:00, incline: 5, speed: 5 mph
- 7-8:00, incline: 2, speed 6 mph
Set 2: Repeat
- 8-11:00, incline: 2, speed: 3.5 mph
- 11-13:00, incline: 4, speed: 4 mph
- 13-15:00, incline: 5, speed: 5 mph
- 15-16:00, incline: 2, speed: 6 mph
Set 3: Targeting Glutes
- 16-20:00, incline: 12, speed: 3.7 mph
- 20-21:00, incline: 15, speed: 4 mph
- 21-23:00, incline: 10, speed: 3 mph
Set 4: Repeat
- 23-27:00, incline: 12, speed: 3.7 mph
- 27-28:00, incline: 15, speed: 4 mph
- 28-30:00, incline: 10, speed: 3 mph
Set 5: Targeting Legs
- 30-34:00, incline: 12, speed: 3.7 mph
- 34-35:00, incline: 15, speed: 4 mph
- 35-37:00, incline: 10, speed: 3 mph
Set 6: Last Set, More Legs
- 37-41:00, incline: 12, speed: 3.7 mph
- 41-42:00, incline: 15, speed: 4 mph
- 42-44:00, incline: 10, speed: 3 mph
Final Minute: Sprint
- 44-45:00, incline: 2, speed: 8-10 mph
- 45-50:00, incline: 0, speed: 3-3.5
As always, make sure to drink lots of water and fuel up after your workout. Have a shake, a slice of toast with peanut butter and bananas, or whatever your preferred workout snack is.
This workout was adapted from certified fitness teachers at blogilates.
What do you think?
What do you think of this workout? Have you tried this routine? What is your favorite workout routine? Share with us in the comments section below!
You might also like
30-Minute Fat Blasting Treadmill Workout|
Who says you need to spend a full hour on the treadmill to feel the burn? If you’re...
3 Treadmill Workouts To Tackle|
It’s getting colder, and running outside is getting less appealing by the day. With months of cold ahead...
The Perfect Quick Cardio Workout|
If you find yourself short on time, but you have a lunch break or even a long break...
50-Minute Interval Elliptical Workout|
To save pressure on your knees, skip the treadmill for a 50-minute interval elliptical workout that will get...
The One-Room Workout, No Treadmill Necessary|
If you have one space to workout, like a dorm room or your room off campus, and no...