I love a good DIY project, but I hate when they require obscure materials or special skills like sewing or drilling. Easy and cute is the name of the game, and this project is no exception. Below are a few short steps to creating an adorable memo board for above your desk at school. I like this because it can liven up a dorm room or apartment, and you can make it your own:
What You Need…
- Artist canvas (whatever size you want the board to be)
- Fabric (enough to cover the canvas)
- Co-ordinating ribbon
- Cotton batting
- Brads (you can get these in most craft or office supply stores)
- Staple gun
- Staple the cotton batting to cover the entire canvas front.
- Measure and cut the fabric so that it wraps around the front and sides of the canvas.
- Staple the fabric edges to the back of the canvas.
- Measure the board diagonally and cut enough ribbon to stretch across the centre.
- Secure the ribbon across the centre and staple it to the back of the canvas.
- Continue adding the ribbon in equal spaces diagonally across the canvas, then add them in the opposite direction (see photo to compare with the final product).
- Once you have all your ribbons on, secure any place where they intersect with a brad.
I love this project because you can choose whatever colour fabric and ribbon you like best to bring a pop of colour to your dorm room or match your desk set in your apartment. If you make one of these cuties, take a photo and send it in!
What Do You Think?
Is this project easy or what? Do you think you’ll try it out? Will you send us a picture when it’s finished? Leave a comment or forum post and let us know!