First, let me preface this post by saying that, if you’re heading for a day at the beach, I truly suggest skipping makeup altogether. The beach is for relaxing, swimming, laying in the sun, drinking slushies, not for fussing over runny mascara. That said, there are some girls, or some situations, that lead someone wanting some makeup solutions for a day at the beach. So, in the spirit of not being biased, I put together some tips for anyone who does choose to wear makeup to the beach, but doesn’t want to do their full routine.
- As with any makeup routine, but especially if you’re going to the beach, start off with a nice light sunscreen, or a moisturizer with SPF. I’d look for at least a 30, so you don’t have to reapply as often, and stick to products intended for your face, as they are gentler on your skin, and less oily. Try Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock for face.
- On a hot day, I would skip liquid foundation. Instead, patch up any blemishes or dark circles with a concealer that matches your skin tone.
- Apply a pressed powder foundation to your entire face to get a nice, even complexion. Powder foundation actually won’t melt as quickly as liquid foundation in the heat. Most powders aren’t waterproof, however, so don’t expect it to survive hours in the water. If you need to, bring a compact to reapply after your swim, like Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup.
- For your eyes, curl your lashes to help them stand out. The curl will last all day, even if your lashes get wet. Apply a couple coats of waterproof mascara. I like CoverGirl Exact Eyelights. It comes in waterproof and is nice and natural, not too heavy for a daytime beach look.
- If you want liner, pick up a waterproof one. I recently reviewed an ultra heavy-duty waterproof eyeliner that really worked. If you don’t have any waterproof eyeliner handy, use the tip of your waterproof mascara wand to carefully add a bit of colour to the outer corners of your eyeline.
What Do You Think?
Are you ready to look smokin hot on your next beach trip? Do you usually go bareface? What is your beach beauty routine! Leave a comment, or, better yet, a forum post and let me know!