Ever want to add a little flare to the basic boring black frame that you have? Well here’s a simple trick to add a little color and sparkle to any boring old frame. We’re going to ombre the sequins on the frame.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Basic Black Frame (any size)
- Bag of multi-colored sequins
- Elmer’s glue
- Small Tupperware Container
Let’s Get Started!
- Start off by putting a decent amount of glue in the small tupperware container and add a little bit of water at a time until it’s thinner glue (you can also use ModPodge if you have it).
- Next pick the colors in which you want to use for the ombre effect. We’re going to use silver, white, light pink, and dark pink.
- Take a little bit of your homemade ModPodge and put it on one of the corners of the frame. Put the white sequins on the corner. (Overlapping and letting them hang off the frame adds a cool affect to it).
- On the corner directly across the frame do the same with the white sequins. Next silver sequins, then light pink. You want to make sure that the size of each color section is about the same. Just eye ball it and you should be fine. Finally, add your last color (dark pink) so your frame is completely covered.
- Once you’ve finished, go back and see if there are holes or places that could use another sequin or two. Once your done with that allow the glue to dry and harden (I waited over night, but waiting a few hours is fine too).
- Once the glue is completely dry go over all the sequins with another coat of your ModPodge mixture to secure the sequins into place, and make sure that they don’t flake off.
Allow dry time, add a picture, and you’re done!
What Do You Think?
Would you do this to add some flare to a frame? Do you like to do fun crafty things? Have you tried something like this?