This baked blueberry and raspberry oatmeal recipe is the gift that keeps on giving – if you bake it once, at six servings it will be a great pre-made breakfast for the rest of the week! Not to mention, oatmeal is a great breakfast food that will keep you full and start your day off right.
You can find the original recipe here.
What you need
- 1 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2-3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup of milk (percent of your choice, or skim)
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of blueberries or raspberries
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the oats, half of the walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt
- In another bowl, mix the milk, syrup, egg, butter and vanilla
- Spread the sliced bananas in a single layer on the bottom of the dish
- Cover the bananas with half of the berries
- Spread the dry mixture with the oats over the fruit, try to make the spread as even as possible
- Pour the liquid mixture on top of the oats
- With the remaining berries and nuts, pour over the top of the dish
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the oats are set and the top is lightly browned
Make sure to let the oatmeal cool before serving!
What do you think?
What do you think of this recipe? Do you have a favorite breakfast or oatmeal recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.