Okay, this isn’t the most fun topic to talk about, but if you’re going to be moving into your first apartment or house rental, you’re going to need to bring a few skills along. This is one area you most likely avoided and let your parents tackle when you lived at home, but now that you’re on your own you’ll need to learn how for yourself. After all, there’s nothing worse than having friends over and having to ban them from your dirty bathroom. Here are the foolproof steps so you can clean the bowl and forget it…
1) Put on your gloves, rubber gloves that is! Especially if you share a bathroom with roommates, this is not an area you want to be having direct skin contact with.
2) Take the toilet bowl cleaner (that’s the one with the funny bent-neck bottle) and squirt it under the lip of the toilet bowl all the way around. It will slowly drip down into the centre of the bowl, coating the sides.
3) While the cleaner drips, take an anti-bacterial bathroom cleaner and spray the top, sides, seat, and upper edge of the bowl. With a paper towel, wipe away the dirt and dust along with the spray cleaner.
4) Now, pick up the toilet bowl brush and use it to scrub the inner sides of the bowl and down into the middle, making sure to scrub off all of the cleaner.
5) Give the bowl a flush to rinse out the cleaner and take a double look to make sure there are no missed spots before you take off your gloves.
Finish with a spritz of air freshener for good measure, and be sure you–or one of your roommates–cleans the porcelain throne every couple of weeks. How to clean a toilet? Something every college girl should know.