If you’re not big on the holiday celebrations starting on November 1, you might not be psyched about this post. However, if you love the lights, decorations, and seasonal drinks that come around this time of year, why not skip the lines and high prices and mix up a delicious seasonal treat of your own? This recipe is simple, yummy, and will get you in the spirit…even if we’re still a month or so away.
Candy Cane Cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 peppermint candy cane, crushed
- whipped cream
- 1 mini candy cane (for garnish)
- Over medium heat on stove, heat the milk in the saucepan until hot, but don’t let it boil! Watch carefully.
- Gradually add chocolate chips and candy cane bits, whisking as you add them so they melt and combine with the milk.
- Once you have melted all the chunks out, and the cocoa is smooth, remove from heat.
- Pour into you mug, and top with whipped cream and the mini candy cane.
What Do You Think?
Too early? Or are you in the mood for a little chocolatey holiday spirit? Leave me a comment and let me know!