Looking for the perfect appetizer to make, or even a great snack, that is healthy, tasty, and relatively quick to make? Look no further than cheesy baked tomatoes. Healthy because it’s baked, delicious because it’s like a mini pizza without the bread. The entire recipe takes about 15.
What you need (serving size is 4 tomatoes)
- 4 tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 ounce of shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of chopped basil
- 1 tsp of chopped oregano
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- First, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet that is sprayed with non-fat cooking spray, with the cut-side facing upward
- On top of the tomatoes sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese, the shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese, oregano and basil, and salt and pepper
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are tender
And voila! Your perfect cheesy tomato appetizer is ready to serve.
If you’re wondering about the nutritional content, two tomato halves are a little under 50 calories (depending on how much cheese you added), with about 2 grams of fat, and 4 grams of protein.
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below!