Skip the nasty store-bought slop with a list of ingedients that sound like they belong in a chemistry lab rather than on your nachos. Instead, make this quick, easy, and super-tasty fresh salsa con queso the next time you have a salty, cheesy, nacho craving (note: this recipe is a variation of one I found here).
Salsa Con Queso
- sauce pan
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded nacho cheese blend
- 1/2 tbsp mild salsa
- pinch chili powder
- pinch paprika
- First, melt the butter in the sauce pan over low heat.
- Slowly stir in the corn starch, milk, and cream cheese until combined.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted
- Finish by seasoning with the salsa and spices, stirring well.
- Remove from heat and enjoy with tortilla chips, pretzels, or chopped veggies.
What Do You Think?
Do you like nacho cheese sauce? Have you ever tried to make it at home? What do you add or leave out? Leave a comment and let me know!