Ever get caught at a friend’s house or your boyfriend’s place with just your straightener, but you really want a wavy or curly look? Don’t worry, with a little practice, your straightener can be transformed into a magic wand that creates soft, shiny curls!
- Wash your hair as you normally would prior to styling it with a curling iron.
- Apply a little curling mousse before you dry your hair. No mousse? No worries, just steal a little of your guy’s hair gel and warm it up between your palms before applying it to the ends of your hair and gently combing it through the rest of your hair with your fingers.
- Blow dry your hair completely trying hard not to touch your hair, as this creates frizz. If you want extra volume, blow dry your hair with your head flipped over for the last minute of drying.
- Start with the straightener about midway to your roots and divide out a 1-inch section of hair.
- Close the clamp and twist the straightener once, so that the hair wraps around.
- As you pull down on the section of hair, keep twisting the straightener.
- Do the rest of your hair in 1 inch sections until your whole head is curled.
- Flip your head upside down and shake out the curls, then with your head still upside down spray on a little light hold hairspray: this will create volume and help hold your curls in place.
- Flip your head back over and smooth out your curls gently with your palms.
And there you have it! You may want to try this at home some night when you don’t have anywhere to go, as it can be a little confusing at first. However, once you master this skill, you’ll wonder why you never knew it sooner. Curling your hair with a straightener? Something every college girl should know