Now that it’s almost time for finals and classes are wrapping up, your stress levels may be slowly on the rise. Fight back! Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. And the perfect end of the semester indulgence? A Nutella cheesecake… no baking necessary.
What you need
- For the crust: 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- For the crust: 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- One 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 2/3 cups of Nutella
- One 8 ounce tub of whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings and/or nuts, used as a garnish
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a tin to form the crust
- Using an electric mixer, beat the Nutella and cream cheese until well-blended and smooth
- Add the vanilla extract into the mixture, and the whipped cream
- Blend the mixture until smooth, then pour into the tin, spreading it evenly
- Dash the chocolate shavings and/or nuts on top, and refrigerate for 2 hours
Because we skipped the baking, the dessert may resemble more of a mousse than a cheesecake, but the taste gives baked cheesecake some real competition. This recipe can also be served in individual dishes instead of in a large tin, perfect for a girl’s night!
What do you think?
Have you made this recipe? What did you think? What is your favorite kind of dessert? Do you have any other no bake recipes? Let us know in the comments section below!