We’re reaching the hotter months of the summer, and lemonade is an appropriate seasonal treat – why not try it in a new and unconventional way? A lemonade pie is a unique twist on a Key Lime pie, with all the sweetness of summer packed with your favorite punch of lemon.
You can find the original recipe here.
What you need
For the filling:
- 4 cups of vanilla ice cream, softened
- 6 ounces of frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Optional grated lemon peel for garnish
For the crust:
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup (about 20 squares) of crushed graham crackers
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients for the crust and mix well
- Take out a pie plate (about 9/1 1/4 inches) and press the crust firmly against the bottom
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the color turns light brown, then let cool for about 30 minutes
- While the crust is cooling, grab a large bowl and mix the ice cream and lemonade concentrate together
- Mound the mixture into the crust
- Freeze for about 4 hours, or until firm
- Several minutes before serving let the pie stand at room temperature for several minutes
- Garnish with a lemon peel and store in a freezer
For looks, a few drops of yellow food coloring can be added to the filling mixture.
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What is your favorite summer dessert? Let us know in the comments section below!