I have a theory that crock pots are something that every college girl out there should know about. You throw things in raw in the morning, go to class and go about your business all day, and then by the time you come home your whole place smells like you’ve been slaving away in the kitchen all day and dinner is ready for you. Need I say more?
Original recipe can be found here.
What you need
- 32 ounce bag of frozen chopped broccoli
- 10 3/4 ounces of cheddar cheese soup, or approximately two cans
- 12 ounces of evaporated milk, or approximately 2 cans
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- cheddar cheese, for garnish
- 1 cup of onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- On a skillet on a medium heat, sauté the onions in melted butter for about 10 minutes
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for another minute
- Put all ingredients except for the cheddar cheese into the crock pot
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Before serving, garnish with the cheddar cheese
If you really want to make this recipe your own, try adding some grilled cheese croutons, or serve with garlic bread on the side.
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What do you think? What are your favorite types of soups? Let us know in the comments section below!