With Christmas coming up in less than 10 days, now is the perfect time to start planning holiday festivities. If you’re going to a Christmas party, or just love Christmas-related party snacks, this is the treat for you. It also makes for a great Christmas movie marathon snack!
What you need
- 1 box (or 12.8 ounces) of Chex mix (option of chocolate Chex mix, Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, cereal, etc.)
- 1 cup of Christmas M&M’s (or just pick out red and green ones from a few bags!)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 6 tbs of butter
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper
- Fill a medium-sized mixing bowl with the Chex
- Microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter on high for about 1 minute and then remove to stir
- Stir the mixture smooth (if it needs more time in the microwave, add another 20 seconds)
- Stir in the vanilla
- Pour the mixture over the Chex
- Add the powdered sugar, and stir over the chocolate-covered Chex
- Spread the Chex mixture in a thin layer onto the baking sheets to cool
- Once completely cooled, add in the M&M’s
And voila! Make sure to store in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not being served. This mixture is great to throw in gift bags for Christmas goodies as well! Feel free to be generous with the M&M’s.
Original recipe can be found here.
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What is your favorite Christmas dessert? Share with us in the comments section below.