Just because Thanksgiving is over doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in a little apple pie. Delight guests at the next holiday party you attend with these delicious apple pie bites, and fool them all into thinking you spent hours slaving in the kitchen. These also make great gifts when made in bulk if you want to make something sweet for friends and coworkers!
What you need
- A can of crescent roll dough (Pillsbury works great)
- Apples of your choice, sliced
- A little brown sugar
- Preheat your oven for 350 degrees F
- Unroll the crescent roll dough with one wrap at a time
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, lay the crescent roll wrap completely unfolded
- Place an apple slice an inch from the right end of the roll
- Roll the inch over the apple slice
- Sprinkle cinnamon along the length of the roll
- Dust on a little bit of brown sugar
- Continue to roll and fold the dough like you would a normal crescent roll, keeping the apple and the cinnamon and sugar in the center
- Continue with the desired amount of crescent rolls
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown
This dessert is great served alone, or with a little bit of vanilla ice cream! Also makes a great dessert appetizer.
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What is your favorite type of pie? What desserts will you be bringing to parties this holiday season? Share with us in the comments section below.