Who says chic-looking appetizers can’t be easy? Whether you’re hosting a social event or bringing a dish, these can be made last minute and wow guests without sacrificing too much time and effort.
What you need
- A box of grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- A package of mozzarella pearls (mozzarella in ball form)
- tooth picks, for skewers
- First, poke a toothpick through the bottom of a single basil leaf. Make sure not to poke it too close to the end to avoid ripping
- Slide a single grape tomato down the skewer
- Repeat with a mozzarella ball
- Poke the toothpick through the top of the basil leaf, again make sure that it is not too close to the top to avoid a tear
- Make as many of these as you desire for your occasion, and line them up on a tray. Once the appetizers are lined up, drizzle each row with the balsamic vinaigrette
And serve! Try to keep the mozzarella chilled in the fridge until right before you make these to serve. Also, any vinaigrette works, so if you want to try a healthy option it is up to you!
Original idea can be found here.
What do you think?
Have you made this recipe? What is your favorite appetizer? Let us know by leaving us a comment below!