As college girls, we may have encountered a fish bowl or two… and hopefully remembered the tale. But regardless, fish bowls make the perfect summer drink because they’re refreshingly sweet and can be shared with friends on a hot summer night.
And the great thing about fish bowls you make yourself? The amount of alcohol you put in is completely up to you. We may have learned a thing or two from that past experience.
What you need
|Gummy Swedish Fish
|Fish bowl (Don’t forget the fish bowl!)
- Prepare the fish bowl: Sprinkle the Nerds candy at the bottom of the bowl to create the “gravel” for your fish.
- Add ice and gummy fish: Fill the bowl with ice to about one or two inches below the rim, adding in the Swedish fish as you go.
- Mix the ingredients: Add all of the liquid ingredients (vodka, Malibu rum, blue Curacao, sweet-and-sour mix, Sprite, and pineapple juice) to the fish bowl.
- Add fruit slices: Place the lime, lemon, and orange slices into the mixture.
- Insert straws: Stick several 18-inch straws into the fish bowl, making sure not to press them into the Nerds candy at the bottom.
- Enjoy responsibly: Share with friends and have a great summer night!
Note: To adjust the alcohol content, simply modify the amounts of vodka, Malibu rum, and blue Curacao, and make up the difference with additional Sprite.
What do you think?
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this recipe! Have you tried it? What’s your favorite summer drink? Let us know in the comments section below!