While it is often a hotly debated topic, dessert is by far one of the best parts of Thanksgiving dinner. Whether you are making your own dinner or you want to bring a dish to the house you are going to, these pumpkin pie bites are a cute and original take on a classic that is sure to delight.
You can find the original recipe here.
What you need (serving size: 24 pie bites)
- 2 pie crusts
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- A pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter (or just a regular circular one, but pumpkin turns out more festive)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Roll out the pie crusts and use the pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter (or circular one) to cut 12 pumpkin shapes from each crust. Don’t be afraid to stretch the dough to make this possible
- Press the dough into a 24-cup mini muffin tray. A tip is to make 12 at a time, making sure that the pie crusts do not touch each other by overlapping
- Apply egg whites from one egg to the top edges of each pie
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, 2 eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla together until they are combined thoroughly
- Using a spoon, place the mixture into each crust
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes
- Remove the pies and let them cool, and then repeat with the final 12 pies
The plus is that these are also easily decorated! You can melt some chocolate and make faces on the pies or write whatever you choose.
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What is your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? Share with us in the comments section below.