Peanut butter aside, think of two food staples that you and your fellow college girls covet. Yogurt and fruit anyone? Why not combine the two in a delicious and easy snack! Making your own yogurt covered berries is an easy snack to grab in lieu of a sugary or salty guilt trip. Though I am a big proponent of never feeling guilty over any foods, I do believe in going for the healthiest option available, and a delicious yogurt and berry snack is it.
What you need
- 2 cups of greek yogurt in a flavor of your choice (regular yogurt works fine too, honey or vanilla flavors work the best)
- 1 carton of fresh berries of your choice (blueberries work great)
- Combine the two cups of yogurt into a medium-sized bowl
- Take a toothpick and stick it into a berry
- Stick the berry into the yogurt and swirl, completely coating the berry
- Using a second toothpick, push the berry onto a plate lined with wax paper or foil (to keep the berries from sticking)
- Repeat until you reach the desired amount of berries, and place the sheet in the freezer
- Freeze for one hour
What do you think?
Did you try our recipe? If so, what do you think? What’s your favorite healthy snack? Leave us a comment below and let us know!
Do you store these in the fridge or freezer once they’ve set? I’ve tried to do this before but they seem to melt quite quickly once taken out of the fridge or freezer.