Are you looking for a way to lose weight without torturing your body? Now that summer is here, it’s all right to want to slim down, as long as you’re doing it the healthy way. You asked for it, so here it is: ten quick tips to help you shed some pounds without crash dieting or starving yourself.
- Drink water. It’s refreshing, calorie-free, and the best thing for your body, so drink up!
- Cut fried food. If you want to see results fast, this is one surefire way to do it. Since almost everything that we eat can be fried nowadays, this step is not for the faint of heart. Switch to baked or grilled to eat healthier.
- Watch sugar intake. This is another good step to take if you want a quick payoff. If you can’t cut out sweet stuff completely, consider switching to sugar-free products. NOTE: Aspartame is an artificial sweetener that, like sugar, should be consumed in moderation. As with any dietary changes, be sure to consult your physician on this one if you have any questions.
- Have fruit for dessert. Go to the grocery store and buy pineapples, peaches, strawberries, grapes, and other naturally sweet fruits. After you finish a meal, have some fruit instead of a sugary dessert–you’ll satisfy your sweet tooth without packing on the pounds.
- Eat when you’re hungry, not when you’re bored. This tip hits home for me. Whenever you’re craving some food, ask yourself if you’re really hungry. Chances are, you’re just looking for something to do, so watch a movie or go for a walk or something instead. Occupy your mind instead of stuffing your body with unnecessary calories.
- One serving of carbs per day. Yet another tip to help you lose weight fast. I don’t recommend cutting out carbs completely because your body will go into withdrawal, but limiting yourself to one serving a day will make plenty of a difference.
- Protein at every meal. Eggs at breakfast, turkey at lunch, chicken at dinner… well, you get the picture. Having a little protein with every meal is a good way to help keep you full and kick-start your metabolism.
- Fruit, nuts, veggies. Focus on these three foods, and you’ll be just fine. Be careful about putting processed food in your body, and try to stick to natural foods like these.
- No eating after dinner. Make your last meal of the day a big one, and then don’t snack afterward. Most of the time, the late-night food choices you’ll make won’t be healthy ones. Also, the fast tells your body to start getting ready for bed, so not eating late will help you sleep better.
- No snacking between meals. If you’re having protein at every meal, you shouldn’t be hungry, anyway. If you absolutely must eat a snack, however, go with nuts or carrots. They have fiber and protein to fill you up without tons and tons of calories.
Note: Be sure to consult a licensed medical practitioner before making any extreme changes to your diet.
What Do You Think?
What do you think of these tips? Have you tried any of them?