Who says our favorite cheesy foods have to be off limits? Mozzarella sticks are awesome for every occasion, and make for a delightful snack that most of us have been accustomed to since childhood. Now that we’re mature college girls who are more health conscious, we can still have the cheesy snack we all love, guilt-free!
What you need
- 12 sticks of string cheese in your choice of cheese, go for the low sodium kind if you want to be extra healthy
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 5 tbsp of bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- A dollop of olive oil, or cooking spray
- Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 24 slices, then freeze the slices in the freezer until completely frozen
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Use a separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
- To bread the cheese sticks: First dip the frozen cheese stick into the flour, then into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture
- Once all of the 24 sticks are coated, place them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with a few drops of olive oil or sprayed with cooking spray (this will keep cleanup to a minimum, and keep the sticks from sticking!)
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes, or until crisp. They need to be watched closely so they don’t melt completely!
You might also like
How To… Cook A Healthy Alternative To Tater Tots: Zucchini Tots|
The real question is, who doesn’t like tater tots? They’re great for late night, and for a hearty...
How To… Make Baked Avocado Fries|
With the new “superfood” craze bursting onto the scene, it’s no secret that you can do just about...
How To… Cook Cheesy Baked Tomatoes|
Looking for the perfect appetizer to make, or even a great snack, that is healthy, tasty, and relatively...
How To… Cook Delicious Grilled Eggplant With Tomato And Feta|
Grilled eggplant with tomato and feta is a great summer treat, whether you’re serving it to guests for...
How to…Cook: Cheesy Ranch Chicken|
Bored with the cafeteria food and your unhealthy snacks? Try out this delicious, easy recipe that’s a spin...