As college girls, we appreciate that sometimes you just need dessert. Something sweet, anything to take the edge off of a craving, but something easy and relatively quick to make for that instant gratification effect. Look no further than two of your most trusted companions, peanut butter and chocolate, deliciously combined into a bar without any baking required.
This recipe takes about 5 minutes total to prepare, then they can sit in the fridge until after you’re done with dinner, and voila!
Original recipe can be found here.
What you need
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, either the boxed kind or ground in a food processor
- 1 cup and 4 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of melted butter
- Combine the melted butter, sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and 1 cup of peanut butter in a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend well
- In a 9/13 inch standard ungreased pan, press the mixture into the bottom. if you want a thicker bar, use a smaller square pan
- With the remaining peanut butter and the 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, place them in a microwave safe bowl and melt them in the microwave, removing to stir every 30 seconds, until smooth
- Spread the melted mixture over the top of the layer in the pan
- Refrigerate for an hour, then cut into squares to serve
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What is your favorite indulgent snack? Share with us in the comments section.