So you’re in the mood to bake, but you’re faced with a dire dilemma: chocolate chip cookies, or cheesecake? With this recipe you don’t have to choose. Why not both?
What you need (makes 24-36 bars, depending on the size you slice)
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 cups of flower
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- For the cheesecake layer: 1 cup (8 ounces) of softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and 4 sheets of caramel (caramel apple wraps)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a 9×13″ pan with non-stick spray, or line with parchment paper
- Mix together the cookie dough: cream butter, shortening and sugars. Combine until light and fluffy
- Add the vanilla, vinegar, and egg
- Next, mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then add chocolate chips
- Spread slightly more than half of the cookie dough in the prepared pan and set the rest aside
- Prepare the cheesecake: combine cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla and beat until smooth
- Pour the cheesecake over the cookie dough
- Top it all off with the left over cookie dough by wetting your hands and placing flattened bits of cookie dough on top of the cheesecake layer, trying to cover most of the cheesecake (don’t worry about covering the whole thing, it bakes firm even if the white of the cheesecake is still showing)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cheesecake is set
- Allow it to cool, and then store in the fridge
Original recipe can be found here.
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? Which do you like better, chocolate chip cookies or cheesecake? Leave us a comment in the comments section below!