I have never been a big lipstick wearer, but being in a musical performance group, I have to wear a lot of bright red lipstick. At first I was not very talented with wearing lipstick. It always ended up on my teeth! But through the years I’ve gathered a lot of tips about how to make my lipstick look fantastic.
Making Lipstick Last
1. Don’t put on any chapstick or lip gloss before applying your lipstick. If you put the lipstick on very bare and dry lips, it’ll last a lot longer since it won’t smear as easily.
ECG tip: If your lipstick makes your lips a little too dry, slather some vaseline on your lips at night to help them recover.
2. Line your lips with a lip liner in either the same or similar color, and then fill in with the lip liner before going back over your lips with your lipstick. I have done this before for shows and by the time we get back to campus (around 2am sometimes) my red lips are still completely intact.
Keeping Lipstick off your teeth
1. Put vaseline on your teeth. Beauty queens love this tip. The vaseline makes your teeth super slick, so the lipstick can’t stick to your teeth.
2. Use your finger to get rid of the lipstick that usually gets stuck on your teeth. Do this is in private. Insert one finger into your mouth, close your lips around the finger, and then pull it out.
Adding some glamor
1. Apply loose glitter directly on your lipstick. The lipstick will act like a glue and instant glamor!
2. For a deeper color, use a lip liner and really fill in your lips. If you have smaller lips, line just outside your lips to make them look fuller.
What Do You Think?
Do you wear lipstick? How do you keep your lipstick looking good? Leave us a comment and let us know!